This paper looks at two similar programmes which have shown to be effective in randomised controlled trials at reducing drug use among young people. The approach of these life skills programmes fits comfortably within the key principles for teaching PSHE education. What can we learn from them?
This briefing paper is part of a series of six papers produced by the Drug Education Forum, for schools and others involved in drug education or informal drug prevention.
- The principles of good drug education
- Principles for supporting school drug education
- Beyond the lesson plan: Drug prevention and early intervention
- Engaging parents in drug education
- Learning from life skills programmes in drug education
- Legal highs
Have you found these resources useful? Leave a comment below if you have any feedback.